The Westport Fire Department Emergency Communications Center received a 911 call shortly after 6:30am this morning by a resident reporting a structure fire. The fire department responded with 4 engines, 1 ladder truck, 1 rescue truck, and 2 shift commanders. First arriving units found a 2 story, 2 family home with fire on the first floor, second floor, and attic. Two attack lines (fire hoses) were stretched and operated to extinguish the fire. Fire companies searched the house for victims and found none as the house had been evacuated prior to the arrival of the fire department.
The residents of the second floor were alerted to the fire by a working carbon monoxide detector and they notified the residents of the first floor to evacuate. No injuries were reported. Three residents have been displaced by the fire.
The fire was investigated by the Westport Fire Marshal’s Office. The Westport Police and EMS responded to assist on scene. The Wilton and Fairfield Fire Departments assisted on scene and with station coverage during the fire.
The Westport Fire Department reminds residents to have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on all floors of their homes